Your website is your showroom. When prospective customers need a solution to a problem they perform a Google search. And, if you want to be found in that search you need to regularly post new and relevant information on your site. A great way to do this is:
- Publishing and hosting a business blog on your company’s website
- Post new content, like video, on your site
- Use social media to link to videos, blog posts and other content on your site
An Effective Website
The Internet reached a new milestone in September of 2014. During that month, for the first time ever, there were over one billion websites online. As a business owner with a website, you have to find a way to improve your online visibility and get your site to stand out from all those others sites.
Desktop, Tablet or Mobile
People access the Internet on their desktop computers and mobile devices, including tablets. And, as of April 21, 2015 Google beginrolling out their mobile-friendly update. This means:
- Google is boosting the ranking of mobile-friendly pages on mobile search results
- Searchers can more easily find high-quality and relevant results
- Searchers will find sites where text is readable without tapping or zooming
In fact, more Google searches take place on mobile devices than on computers in 10 countries including the US and Japan.” This means your site must be responsive.
Test your site: https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/mobile-friendly
Additional reasons to have a responsive website:
- Responsive design is Google’s recommended design pattern
- Responsive web design is the best option for your mobile SEO strategy
- One website, many devices
- Easier to manage
For help with your website redesign, complete the form below.